Pier 1 Recalls Hanging Chairs for Fall Hazard
Pier 1 Imports is recalling more than 250,000 hanging chairs and stands for a potential fall hazard.
About the Pier 1 Recall
The U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Pier 1 Imports recently issued a recall for 260,000 units and 16,000 units of the Swingasan chairs and stands from the United States and Canada, respectively.
It was discovered that the suspension hardware of the chair and stand can easily break and become unstable, creating a falling hazard.
So far, Pier 1 Imports has received over 100 reports of falling incidents and 23 injuries involving the recalled chairs and stands. It’s advised that consumers stop using the chairs and contact Pier 1 Imports for a full refund.
Description of the Recalled Swingasan Chairs
The following information was provided by the CPSC:
- The recalled chairs and stands sold separately; the stand is an iron frame that covered with plastic wicker
- The chairs were sold in various colors – including mochas, orange, rainbow, white, light brown, white, gray, and multicolored
- The stand sold in four colors – mocha, white, light brown, and gray
- The recall covers the following models:
- Swingasan Hanging Chair
- Willow Swingasan Hanging Chair
- Swingasan Podasan Hanging Chair
- Swingasan Stand