The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) reports Popkiller has issued a recall for USB chargers, adapters, and cables. There is a hazard of fire and electrical shock danger for users.
About the Popkiller Recall
While no injuries have been reported, the potential for injury is still present due to issues in the manufacturing. The recalled items have improperly mounted plug blades and insufficient electronic capability which may lead to a fire and electrical shock hazard. The CPSC advises consumers to stop use immediately to avoid injury. Consumers are encouraged to return the faulty merchandise to the store where it was purchased or contact Popkiller Headquarters for details on a replacement product.
Description of Recalled Product
According to the CPSC,
- Approximately 2,500 chargers, adapters, and cables have been recalled.
- The recalled products were sold exclusively at Popkiller locations in Los Angeles and Costa Mesa, Calif.from June 2013 through April 2014 for $4.50 to $6.50.
- Recalled Popkiller items include the mini USB car charger power adapters, universal USB power adapters, and 8-pin USB data sync charging cables.
- The car charger features model number HHT-001 on the flat side below the USB port.
- The Universal USB Power adapter has model number A1265 imprinted above the plug blades.
- The 8-pin USB charging cables do not show a model number.
- The recalled products may have been sold separately
- The items come in the colors red, orange, green, blue, purple and pink.