Quality Bicycle Products, Inc. Recalls 1,000 BMX Bikes
The U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Quality Bicycle Products Inc. (QBP) are recalling approximately 1,000 Stolen Series BMX bicycles due to unmet federal bicycle standards that poses a fall hazard.
About the BMX Bicycles Recall
According to reports, the front wheel of the bicycle can easily detach because of improperly fitted retention washers.
So far, there has been one report of an incident but no injuries. However, it is advised to return the recalled BMX bicycles, for a free inspection and free replacement of wheel retention washers.
Description fo the Recalled BMX Bicycles
The following information was provided by the CPSC:
- Stolen series BMX bicycles are sold in specialty bicycle retailers and online (Includes Stolen Agent, Stolen Compact, Stolen Casino, and Stolen Stereo)
- Sold from September 2015 to October 2015 for $230-$350
- ‘Stolen’ and model name are located on frame of bicycles
- Agent (16-inch) bikes were sold in dark blue
- Compact (20-inch) were sold in neon orange and white
- Casion (20-inch) were sold in gray, bright yellow, and red
- Stereo (20-inch) sold in satin black and green