School Buses Recalled for Brake Problems
Blue Bird Body Company recently recalled several of their school buses due to the brake valve plunger fracturing during brake application. The condition could result in reduced breaking ability and could lead loss of vehicle control.
Blue Bird All American School Bus Recall
According to official recall release, the brake valve plunger on certain Blue Bird school buses may fracture during the brake application, reducing the brake pedal angle and travel. This may limit the driver’s ability to deliver full pressure from the foot brake valve. Also, the brake plunger could be lodged and not allow the release of the service brakes. These two conditions can cause reduced braking ability and increase the risk of crashing.
Important Information about the School Bus Recall
- This recall involves 2013 Blue Bird All American school buses.
- All affected buses were sold through a Blue Bird dealer, A – Z Bus Sales.
- Blue Bird will notify all owners and A – Z Bus Sales will replace all thirteen treadle valves free of charge.
- This safety recall is scheduled to begin on or about June 29, 2012.
- Anyone with concerns may contact Blue Bird at 1-478-822-2242.
- Blue Bird’s Recall Campaign Number is: R12VF.
An Experienced School Bus Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are available to school bus accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. If your child was injured in a school bus accident, contact our offices– we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.