Oskri Organics Corporation of Lake Mills, WI has recently recalled Oskri Tahini Butter LOT # 193, Thrive Sunflower Butter LOT # 233, and Oskri Organic Sunflower Butter Lot # 099 due to the risk of Listeria contamination.
About the Sunflower Butter Recall
In the recent recall, a consumer sent a sample of the product to be tested, returning with a positive result for Listeria monocytogenes. Listeria is a bacteria which can cause serious infections among children and the elderly.
Short-term symptoms may include fever, headaches, stiffness, abdominal pain, nausea, and diarrhea. This bacteria also poses a severe risk to pregnant women and may cause stillbirths and miscarriages.
This product was distributed through several retail locations and online. Preventative measures include identifying them through their lot numbers and discarding them. The source of the potential contamination is unknown.
Description of Recalled Sunflower Butter
- You can identify the 16 oz jars by looking at the lot numbers near the expiration date near the top or bottom of the jar.
- Oskri Organic Sunflower Butter LOT #099 has a greenish tan tint, while Oskri Tahini Butter LOT #193 is a light tan color and Thrive Sunflower Butter LOT #233 is greenish tan color.
- Oskri Tahini Butter LOT # 193 (UPC 666016401301) was sold in the following states through retail locations: GA, AZ, CA, TX, IN, CT, NH, SC, ID, FL. The products were also distributed through online means.
- Thrive Sunflower Butter LOT # 233 (UPC 671635704825) was distributed in IN.
- Oskri Organic Sunflower Butter LOT #099 (UPC 666016401295) was sold in OH.
- No illnesses have been reported
Contact an Experienced Product Recall Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered an injury or illness due to a defective or dangerous product, contact Thomas J. Henry. Over two decades of experience handling a multitude of defective product cases and extensive legal and financial resources allow us to provide our clients with truly dynamic legal representation. Thomas J. Henry has a proven track record of achieving real results for clients devastated by recalled products.
Let us help you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Contact us today for a free case review.