Vape Device Explodes, Causing the Death of Texas Man
Dhruv Jatkar1 week ago
A Texas man has died after a vaping device exploded in his face.
About the Fatal Vaping Incident
According to CNN, the Texas man passed away from a stroke after a vaping device exploded and tore his carotid artery.
The County Medical Examiner’s office reports that William Brown died in the hospital on January 29th. The report says he died from a cerebral infarction and herniation after debris from the pen tore his left carotid artery.
The incident happened on January 27th in the parking lot of a popular vape shop. The owner of the shop called an ambulance. They report that Brown had visited the shop but not bought anything, instead requested for help with his device.
The CDC reports that one in ten adults have tried an e-cigarette.
E-Cigarette Information and Facts
195 reported e-cigarette related incidents have occurred between 2009 and 2016, according to the US Fire Administration.
In another recent incident, a man in St. Petersburg was killed
The e-cigarette company JUUL has become very popular with high school students
Due to the addictive nature of these products and high nicotine content, it is more likely that you will become addicted to cigarettes.
JUUL claims their products are meant to help people quit smoking and have been cracking down on teen use
Injured By a Defective Vape Pen or E-Cigarette? Get Expert Legal Help Today
If you have been injured by an exploding vape pen or e-cigarette, make sure you contact the largest and most successful personal injury firm in Texas. Thomas J. Henry has the experience, expertise, and determination to get their clients the large settlements and verdicts they deserve. This includes a $30.2 million verdict recently in a vehicle recall case. So, if you’ve been injured in an accident, don’t fall for flashy gimmicks. Call Texas’ premier personal injury law firm. Call Thomas J. Henry today at 361-221-5053.