Viking Range Recalls Gas Ranges
Viking Range is issuing a recall of over 52,000 units within the United States and 8,300 units in Canada.
About the Viking Range Gas Ranges
According to Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) in coordination with Health Canada have found that the ovens do turn themselves on and can cause injury and property damage.
The CPSC recommends that consumers call Viking Range to schedule a free in home repair to your unit; and in the time before it get fixed contact Viking Range for more information on preventing injuries.
These ovens were sold in both the United States and Canada at ABT, Ferguson, Morrison, Pacific Sales, PC Richard & Son and other stores nationwide.
Description of Recalled Viking Ranges
- Recalled unties were sold between July 2007 and June 2014 for between $4,000 and $13,000.
- Model numbers affected by the recall are:
- VGCC530 (serial numbers 040108-010313)
- VGCC536 (serial numbers 110108-010913)
- VGCC548 (serial numbers 020109-010913)
- VGCC560 (serial numbers 050111-010313)
- VGSC530 (serial numbers 063008-063014)
- VGSC536 (serial numbers 113008-063014)
- VGSC548 (serial numbers 030109-063014)
- To locate your model and serial numbers they can be found in one of three places:
- On the Bottom of the control panel above the door.
- On the front of the cavity below the control panel.
- Inside the left side panel under the burner bowl.