VTech has issued a recall for 37,000 Lights & Lullabies travel mobiles after determining the products may fall, posing an injury hazard to infants in cribs.
About the VTech Mobile Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the clamp which attaches the mobile to the crib rail can break, causing the mobile to fall into the crib and possible on the infant resting in the crib.
So far, VTech has received six reports of the clamps cracking and breaking.
Consumers should stop using the mobiles immediately and contact VTech for a full refund or replacement product.
Description of the Recalled Mobiles
The following information was provided by the CPSC:
- The recalled VTech Lights & Lullabies mobiles were sold in blue (model number 80-503000) and pink (model number 80-503050).
- The mobiles have a white and pink or white and blue plastic arm that clamps to the side of cribs.
- Three star attachments hand from the top of the mobile, and the mobile has a music button that plays music, nature sounds, and nursery rhymes.
- The mobile measure 5 inches wide by 15.8 inches tall.
- The mobiles were sold at Kmart, Walmart, and online at Amazon.com and Zully.com between February 2017 and November 2017 for about $25.