Cabot Stains voluntarily recalled its Wood Cleaner and Wood Brightener due to a potential burn hazard. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Wood Cleaner and Wood Brightener can lose its seal and leak, and those chemicals can burn if they come in contact with skin or eyes or are ingested.
Leaks Can Lead to Burn Injuries
- There were three reported incidents of leaks.
- CPSC is interested in knowing if any injuries occur.
- Contact SaferProducts.gov if you have any further questions.
About the Cabot Recall
(Information provided by the CPSC.)
- About 17,500 units of Wood Cleaner and 10,900 of the Wood Brightener were manufactured.
- Both products came in 1.3 gallon white handle tanks with black pump assembly and sprayer hose.
- The products were sold at Ace Hardware, Do It Best, Farm & Fleet, Lowes Home Improvement Stores, United Hardware, and other hardware stores from March 2011 until June 2012 for $25.
- Customers should stop using the cleaners and return them to the store for a full refund.
- For additional information, contact Cabot toll-free at (877) 755-3336 between 8 am and 8 pm, 24 hours a week or visit the CPSC.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.