One man is dead and another is injured after following a fiery trucking accident in Panola County.
Details of the Fatal East Texas Trucking Accident
According to reports, the fatal crash occurred around 3:00 am Wednesday on Texas 149 between Beckville and Tatum, Texas.
A preliminary investigation suggests the driver of a tractor-trailer was traveling northbound on the highway when a southbound pickup crossed over the center line and collided with the semi head-on.
The impact cause the pickup to leave the roadway and catch fire. The driver, 34-year-old Kedrick Tramaine Parker, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the pickup was taken to a local hospital where he was listed in stable condition.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents resulted in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.