Two people are dead following a tractor-trailer accident on San Antonio’s South Side.
Details of the Fatal San Antonio Trucking Accident
According to the San Antonio Express News, the fatal crash occurred on Interstate 35, just south of Loop 410 around 8 pm.
Officers say the car may have slowed down after missing an exit when it was rear-ended by a FedEx semi. The impact forced the car to the side of the road where it caught fire, killing both occupants.
One occupant has been identified as 22-year-old Christian Adam Vasquez. The other occupant has not yet been identified.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.