55-year-old Denver City resident Jose Vasquez died Monday following an trucking accident along a Texas 214 roughly 80 miles from Lubbock, Texas
Details of the 18-Wheeler Collision
- According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Vasquez was a passenger in an 18-wheeler driven by Seagraves resident, Roberto Arenas.
- The semi was traveling southbound along Texas 214 around 2:15 when it collided with a 2012 Dodge Ram pickup at the intersection of CR 330 and Texas 214. Authorities believe the pickup may have run a stop sign leading up to the accident.
- The 18-wheeler began to skid after the collision, flipped over and came to rest on its roof. The pickup carrying Vasquez was thrown into a bar ditch.
- Arenas suffered moderate injuries and was treated at University Medical Center. The driver of the pickup, Daniel Diaz, was not injured.
Trucking Accident Statistics
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 317,000 trucking accident recorded in the United States last year.
- These accidents resulted in 3,921, a 4 percent increase over 2011.
- An additional 104,000 injuries were connected to trucking accidents the same year.
Contact an Experienced Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.