Four Killed in Callahan County Crash
Details of the Callahan County Crash
According to KTXS, the four victims were killed when the 2002 Chevrolet pickup truck crossed over the center line and collided head on with a Love’s tanker truck. All four were ejected from the vehicle.
Police have identified the victims as Manuel Martinez Rangel, 24, Tre’qweishium Kevondrick Williams, 19, Jonathan Patrick Pena, 18, and Ruben Licon, 17, all of Lubbock. Police say Pena was wearing seat belt at the time of the crash, but are unsure about the other three victims.
The crash occurred at around 8:24 am, about 2.3 miles east of Putnam at the Mile Marker 322 exit.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Texas Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.