Three people were transported to the hospital after an 18-wheeler crashed into a car and rolled over in San Antonio Wednesday night.
Details of the San Antonio Trucking Accident
According to reports, the 18-wheeler struck a small car from behind before hitting the median, and rolling over near Loop 1604 and Bitters Road. The driver made it out of the truck before the vehicle caught fire.
The trucker driver, and two passengers from inside the car were transported to the hospital for non-serious injuring. Due to the severity of the crash, the highway was shut down in order to clear the accident.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents resulted in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.