Three-Vehicle Trucking Accident Leaves One Dead in Houston
About the Houston Trucking Accident
According to the Houston Chronicle, the fatal crash occurred around 6:30 am at the intersection of Almeda and Reed. All lanes of Almeda were closed following the fatal crash.
A preliminary investigation suggests a Volvo was traveling northbound on Almeda when it crossed into the southbound lane and in front of an 18-wheeler. The semi struck the Volvo on its front and passenger side before continuing southbound and hitting a pickup.
The driver of the Volvo was killed in the collision. The driver of the 18-wheeler and the driver of the pickup were also injured in the collision.
Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Texas Trucking Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys have handled a multitude of 18-wheeler accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest 18-wheeler accident cases throughout the United States. Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how trucking companies operate. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys are available to respond to trucking accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition, or acquiring, of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.