Austin Man Dies in Construction Accident
About the Austin Construction Site Death
- The Austin American-Statesman reports that Mr. Brugman was working at a construction site near Lake Travis and RM 620 in Travis County when he fell 20 feet from an elevated platform.
- Whitnesses say he was working on the frame of a luxury, hillside home when he reached for something and lost his balance.
- Cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma suffered during the fall.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administraion is investigating the accident.
Workplace Injury Statistics
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the U.S. experienced 4,383 work related deaths in 2012.
- Construction saw the most fatalities, reporting 775 deaths for the year.
- Desptie a decline in the number of work related deaths reported nationwide since 2011, the Houston Chronicle reported 23 percent increase for Texas with 258 work related deaths recorded for 2012.
Contact an Experienced Workplace Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry fight to protect the rights of workplace injury victims. If you or someone you love has been injured or killed on the job, contact Thomas J. Henry. The goal of our offices is to not only protect your rights, but to send a message so the same tragedy does not happen again. We represent clients/victims all over the country.