Boots & Barkley Bully Sticks Recalled for Salmonella Risk
Kasel Associated Industries has voluntarily issued an immediate recall of Boots & Barkley American Beef Bully Sticks product as of September 21, 2012 because it may be contaminated with Salmonella. According to the U.S Food and Drug Administration recall release, Salmonella can sicken animals and put humans at risk for salmonella poisoning.
Boots & Barkley American Beef Bully Sticks Information
Information below is provided by the FDA:
- The recalled product comes in a clear plastic bag that contains six bully sticks with bar code number 647263899189.
- Between April and September 2012, American Beef Bully Sticks were distributed nationwide through Target retail stores.
- Kasel Industries is recalling all lot numbers because the following lot codes tested positive: BESTBY20APR2014DEN, BESTBY01JUN2014DEN, BESTBY23JUN2014DEN, and BESTBY23SEP2014DEN.
- Consumers are urged to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund and contact Kasel Associated Industries with further questions.
Risks from Exposure to Beef Bully Sticks
- Humans having contact with the product or any surface exposed to this product could suffer from Salmonella poisoning.
- Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain.
- Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has any of these signs, please contact your veterinarian.
Serious Illnesses Associated with Salmonella
- Salmonella symptoms include: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever.
- Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these symptoms after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.