Bradford County Daycare Under Investigation
Bradford Preschool and Learning Center’s daycare is currently under investigation in response to a reported incident in which a child less than two years old was injured.
DCF Lauches Investigation of Daycare
According to First Coast News, the Department of Children and Families (DCF) is investigating an incident concerning an injured child. John Harrell, spokesperson for the DCF, says the incident occurred at the Bradford Preschool and Learning Center on W. Washington Street on Monday.
The Bradford Preschool and Learning Center has been open since 1993. The Center was already on probation as a result of thee prior Class 1 violations.
One of these violations includes the inappropriate discipline of a child.
Daycare Injury Statistics
The following information was provided by Child Care Aware:
- The most recent study concerning child fatalities in child care is almost 10 years old.
- The Organization of Child Care in the United States, 1985-2003, found 1,362 child fatalities
- The United States still does not have any federal reporting requirements for child fatalities that occur in child care.
- Several organizations work to collect child fatality information, with the National Center for the Review and Prevention of Child Deaths, a web-based reporting system, being one of them.
- Participation in the National Center for the Review and Prevention of Child Deaths is voluntary and completely dependent on state practices.