Breezer Bicycles Recalled Due to Risk of Pedal Detachment
A nationwide recall has been issued for 1,700 Breezer Downtown Bicycles. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the bicycles pose a significant safety hazard as the pedals can detach during use.
About the Breezer Bicycle Recall
So far, Advanced Sports International have received 12 reports of the pedals separating from the bicycles’ spindles. Fortunately, there have been no reports involving injury.
The recall covers several bicycle models that were sold in a variety of colors. All recalled bicycles were sold through authorized Breezer Bicycle dealers between July 2014 and May 2015.
The bicycles were sold for $450 to $650.
Consumers are urges to stop using the bicycles and contact a Breezer dealer for a free pedal replacement.
Description of the Recalled Vehicles
All information provided by the CPSC:
- The models under the recall are the Breezer Bicycles Downtown 3, Downtown 3-ST, Downtown 8, Downtown 8-ST, Downtown EX, and Downtown EX-ST.
- Consumers can find the model on the top tube of the bicycle.
- The hazard comes from the pedal potentially separating from the axle while it is in use, and would therefore cause the rider to lose control.
- The frame is made of steel and is customized with a single or dual water bottle mount.
- The wheel sets are made of aluminum.
- The bicycles are manufactured in a variety of sizes and colors including candy apple, chartreuse, chocolate, dark blue, dark green, shale, and slate.