Brick Layer Awarded $2M for Fall Injury
The plaintiff, a 53-year old bricklayer, was awarded $2M after falling 10 feet to the ground, suffering injuries to his arms, back, neck and shoulders.
Bricklayer Fell Off Scaffold
- The plaintiff bricklayer was working near the East Village in Manhattan when he fell off a scaffold, and landed 10 feet below on the hard ground. He claimed to have sustained multiple injuries to his upper body.
- The plaintiff sued the owners of the structure being built, and also the general contractor of the construction project for not providing a safe work environment with regards to elevation-related hazards.
Plaintiff Suffered Severe Injuries and Depression
- Full-thickness tear of right shoulder's supraspinatus tendon – an element of the rotator cuff. Also, a tear of the same shoulder's glenoid labrum and trauma that produced impingement of the same shoulder.
- Aggravation of asymptomatic damage of his spine's cervical and lumbar regions.
- Sustained trauma that caused entrapment of each arm's median nerve and resultant carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Right shoulder's injuries resulted in bursitis.
- The accident has aggravated a pre-existing psychological condition – major depressive disorder – and resulted in chronic depression.
- Shoulder cannot be fully repaired, and plaintiff underwent 2 years of physical therapy (which was rendered about 2-3 times per week).
- The residual injuries prevent resumption of work.
- Plaintiff’s expert psychiatrist claims that the plaintiff suffers chronic depression.
Plaintiff Awarded $2M
The jury awarded:
- $750,000 for past pain and suffering
- $69,500 for medical expenses
- $400,000 for lost earnings
- $950,000 for future pain and suffering (projected 27 years)
Thomas J. Henry Personal Injury Attorneys
Thomas J. Henry is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and Houston, Texas representing accident victims nationwide. Our priority is to provide our clients with the best legal representation. Our experienced trial attorneys are committed to defending your rights in personal injury matters including defective products, recalled drugs, child injuries, and auto accidents.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, contact our offices immediately – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.