Bristle Builders Recalled for Choking Hazard
The animal figures should be immediately taken away from children and Lakeshore should be contacted to receive free replacement pieces for the animal figures.
No injuries or incidents have been reported so far.
About the Bristle Builders Recall
On the animal figures, the base is able to detach which could then easily be swallowed and choked on by a small child.
Any object that can fit inside of a cardboard paper towel tube, which has a diameter of 1 ¾ inches, poses a choking risk.
Description of the Bristle Builders Recall
Following information provided by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
- The sets were sold with 52 plastic pieces made up of building pieces and three animal figures.
- The animal figures include a yellow duck with a purple round base, a brown horse with a blue round base, and a pink pig with a round green base.
- The building pieces include circle, rectangle, square, and triangle-shaped pieces in different colors with a green 8 inch by 4.5 inch rectangle base.
- The pieces are covered in plastic bristle pegs to allow the connection of pieces.
- Production number EC559597 is printed on the smooth side of the green baseplate.
- They were sold exclusively at Lakeshore retail stores and Lakeshore Learning Materials’ Early Childhood catalog and website.
- The product was sold from December 2013 to April 2014 for about $30.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57