British Tourist May Lose Both Legs after Being Hit by New York Taxi
A pedestrian was seriously injured after a New York taxi driver jumped the curb struck her.
Woman Injured by New York Taxi
“I was in shock. When I crashed, I didn’t even see the lady. At first I didn’t think I hit anyone, then I saw her foot by my car.” – Cab driver Mohammed Faysal Himon to the New York Post
- According to an article by the New York Post, Mohammed Faysal Himon, 24, was in the grips of road rage when he jumped the curb in his taxi and hit British tourist Sian Green, 23.
- A portion of Ms. Green’s left leg was severed during the accident, and doctors state she may still lose her right leg as well.
- According to Mr. Himon, he was stuck behind a bike messenger and honked to signal that he needed to pass. After this, the bike messenger proceeded to hit Mr. Himon’s cab and yell at him. In an attempt to get away from the situation, Mr. Himon claims he panicked, accelerated, and lost control.
- The New York Post states that the bike messenger does have a history of anger related arrests including one in which he threatened to decapitate a man and kill his family.
- Police are reviewing footage to determine the bike messenger’s role in the accident.
Taxi Driver Admits He Is a Poor Driver and Has a History of Violations
- In an interview with the New York Post, Mr. Himon admits he is a bad driver who is not fit to drive a cab.
- At the time of the accident, Mr. Himon was not authorized to operate a taxi.
- Mr. Himon had another crash on his record form 2010 in which he injured a passenger shortly after getting his license back.
- The next year he had three moving violations which led to 9 points on his license and $415 in fines.
Contact an Experienced Companyl Vehicle Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry have handled a multitude of company vehicle accidents over the past two decades and continue to handle many of the largest company vehicle cases throughout the United States. We represent clients/victims all over the country.
Whether the company is small or large, our success is not an accident; it is because we understand how transportation companies operate. If you or someone you love has been injured in a company vehicle accident, contact our offices – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$1.8 MillionExpenses: $20,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $765,000.00 | Net to Client: $1 Million
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULTS
$2 MillionExpenses: $78,475.96 | Attorneys Fees: $850,087.96 | Net to Client: $1,071,436.00
AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT RESULT
$2.3 MillionExpenses: $200,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $900,000.00 | Net to Client: $1.2 Million