Burn Hazard Causes Wahl to Recall Aerosol Cleaner
Whal Clipper Corp. of Sterling, Illinois has recalled about 720,000 units of its Total Care products due to a burn hazard when using these items.
Details About the Whal Total Care Recall
According to the Consumer Productive Safety Commission (CPSC), vapors from the propellent in the Total Care product can ignite upon contact with hair clippers, posing a burn hazard to consumers.
Whal has received three reports of incidents of the product igniting, with one including minor burn injuries.
CPSC recommends that consumers immediatley stop using the Total Care product and contact Whal either online (www.wahl.com) by clicking on Recall for a replacement, or by calling (800) 767-9245.
Description of the Recalled Total Care Hair Clipper Products
- The recall involved Whal Total Care products used to clean and lubricate hair clippers, trimmers and shavers.
- Name of products: Total Care, Aerosol Cleaner, Lubricant & Coolant.
- Product was sold in six ounce aerosol cans.
- The can includes a white label that reads, “Whal Total Care” and “Clipper, Trimmer, Shaver”
- Model number 03772 is printed on the back of the can.
- Sold at: Meijer, Walmart, and Amazon.com from June 2009 to October 2013 for about $5.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective pharmaceuticals and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.