Bus Driver Accused of Distracted Driving in Fatal Accident
A New York bus driver has been charged with death by auto as it is believed he was using his cell phone leading to a chain reaction accident that resulted in the death of an 8-month-old baby girl.
Details on the New York Bus Accident
“The baby was not responding, the mother was next to the baby, crying on the floor, screaming.” – witness Johanner Romero to CBS.
- Investigators believe Sphinx Transportation bus driver Idowu Daramola, 48, was texting or talking on his phone when he reportedly lost control of his bus.
- While the bus was out of control, it collided with a lamppost causing it to fall on a baby carriage carrying 8-month-old Angelie Paredes.
- After the initial impact, the bus also collided with a car, a tree, and a second lamppost.
- The second lamppost landed on three parked cars.
- Officer Michael Stetson performed CPR on Angelie until paramedics arrived, but she died on the way to the hospital.
- Along with the death of Angelie, the accident also resulted in the hospitalizations of 7 others.
After the Bus Accident
- The bus driver, Idowu Daramola, is facing a charge of death by auto.
It has also been revealed that Daramola had two warrants for his arrest:
- Failure to appear for a complaint on staging a commercial vehicle.
- Failure to pay ticket for dropping of passengers in an unauthorized area.
- Daramola’s employer, Sphinx Transportation has declined to release a statement.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
At Thomas J. Henry, we have the experience and resources to handle your child’s case. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury, contact our offices. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57