Business Owner gets 22 Years for Selling Banned Kid’s Products
According ot a news release, U.S. District Court Judge Kathleen M. Williams sentenced the president of LM Import-Export, Hung Lam, to 22 years in a federal prison after he pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy to traffic and smuggle banned children’s products.
Details of LM Import-Export Case
- Company president Hung Lam, 55, conspired with Isabella Kit Yeung, 37, to import, distribute and sell counterfeit and banned children’s products form China.
- Crimes took place over a period from April 2000 to May 2011.
- Products were a posed choking and aspiration risks to children
- Some of the products contained lead levels above legal limits.
- Actions violated the Consumer Product Safety Act and the Federal Hazardous Substance Act.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.