Card Table Sets Recalled by Walmart Due to Fall Hazards and Finger Amputation
Walmart has recently recalled about 73,400 of its Mainstays five-piece card table and chairs set due to fall hazards and finger injuries from the chairs collapsing unexpectedly.
About the Walmart Card Table Set Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Walmart has received 10 reports of injuries from collapsing chairs so far.
The injury reports include one finger amputation, three fingertip amputations, sprained/fractured fingers, and one sore back.
The affected table sets were sold at walmarts nationwide between May and November of 2013 for approximatley $50.
The CPSC recommends that consumers should stop using the product immediately, and return the entire set to Walmart for a refund.
Description of the Recalled Table and Charir Sets
- Name of the product: Mainstays five-piece card table and chair sets.
- The card table sets include the black padded metal folding table, and four black padded metal folding chairs.
- “Made by Dongguan Shin Din Metal & Plastic Products Co.”, the company that made the chair cushions, is printed on the white label on the bottom of the chairs.
- The products were imported Walmart Stores Inc., of Bentonville, Ark.
- Manufactured by Heshan Camis Industrial Co. Ltd., of Guandong, China, and manufactured in China and Taiwan.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.