Chain Driven Winches Recalled Due to Injury Hazard
Hewitt Machine & Manufacturing Incorporated has issued a recall for their Marine chain driven winches. The winches are often used for hauling or lifting objects.
About the Chain Driven Winch Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the winches can break, causing the lift to fail. This defect poses an injury hazard to the user.
As a result, the CPSC recommends that users stop using the product and contact Hewitt Machine & Manufacturing Incorporated for a free replacement.
Description of Recalled Chain Driven Winches
- The recalled winches have the product number 1501, 2001, or 2501, and this number is located on the front label of the device
- The product measures 21 inches tall, 12 inches wide, and 8 inches deep
- The recalled items were sold at boat and water sport dealers across the United States, as well as online at buyhewitt.com
- The defective winches were sold from April 2014 to October 2014 for about $400
- About 1,700 of the chain driven winches were sold during this period