Cheese Recalled from Farmer’s Markets
Golden Glen Creamery is voluntarily recalling approximately 124 pounds of Red Pepper with Onion & Garlic Cheddar because it may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. According to the Food and Drug Administration, Listeria is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
Symptoms of Listeriosis
- Severe headache
- High fever
- Abdominal pain
- Miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women
Product Recall Information
- This recall involves Golden Glen Creamery Red Pepper with Onion & Garlic Cheddar.
- The cheese was pre-cut, and packaged randomly in sizes ranging from 1/3lbs to 1/2lb pieces.
- Labels read “Medium Cheddar- Red Pepper with Onion & Garlic,” “Golden Glen Creamery,” and “Natural handcrafted cheese produced by the Jensen Ladies.”
- The recalled cheese was sold from March 1st through June 7th at various local farmers markets and by independent retailers in Washington and Oregon.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.