Chia Seed Powder Recall
Navitas Naturals has issued a recall on products which contain Organic Sprouted Chia Seed Powder due to possible health risks related to Salmonella.
About the Recalled Product
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the recall is voluntary and was decided by the CEO of Navitas Naturals. No other Navitas Naturals Products were affected by this recall.
Consumers who have purchased this product are urged to not eat it, throw it away, or return it to the retailer where it was purchased.
Customers with questions or who would like product replacements or refunds may contact 1-888-886-3879 between 8:00-4:30 PST, Monday through Friday.
What is Samonella?
Salmonella is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections. Young children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems are at an increased risk of serious adverse outcomes.
People infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses.
Descriptions of Recalled Chia Seed Products
The affected products were distributed nationally and include:
- Navitas Naturals Organic Sprouted Chia Powder, 8oz.
- UPC 858847000369 with best buy dates from 04/30/2015 through 09/05/2015
- Navitas Naturals Omega Blend Sprouted Smoothie Mix, 8oz.
- UPC 858847000314 with best buy dates from 07/29/2015 through 09/19/2015
- Williams-Sonoma Omega 3 Smoothie Mixer, 8 oz.
- SKU 506436 with best buy dates from 09/12/2015 through 10/02/2015