Chicken Caesar Salads Recalled- Salmonella
A California firm, Real Mex Foods, is recalling their Caesar salad kits because the dressing is made with cilantro which may be contaminated with Salmonella. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently recalled the cilantro (produced at Fresco Green Farms) due to possible Salmonella contamination.
Important Recall Information for Consumers
Information below is from the US Food Safety (FSIS) and Inspection Service recall notice.
- Real Mex is recalling 77,688 pounds of salad kits, produced between July 23, 2012 and August 6, 2012, because they may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly, and persons with HIV infection or those undergoing chemotherapy.
- Consumers can contact the company’s President, Michael Siegmund, at 323-282-2700, or go to AskKaren.gov for their food safety questions.
Description of Recalled Salad Kits
- This recall involves 36-oz. trays of “El Torito Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Kit.”
- The product was shipped in 18-lb. cases that contain eight 36-oz. trays of “EL TORITO Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Kit.”
- The kits that are subject to the recall have the number “P-4140” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
- The trays have one of the following sell by dates: “08/23/12,” “08/30/12,” “09/06/12,” or “09/14/12.”
- The sell dates could also be listed as “082312,” “083012,” “090612,” or “091412.”
How to Prevent the Spread of Salmonella
Tips below provided by the Food and Drug Administration.
- Thoroughly cook raw meat and poultry to safe internal temperatures.
- Refrigerate raw meat and poultry within two hours after purchase and within two hours after cooking.
- Wash hands before and after handling raw meat and poultry with warm/hot soapy running water.
- Wash cutting boards, dishes, and utensils with hot, soapy water and clean up any spills right away.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.