Chicken Jerky Dog Treat Recalled for Salmonella
Nature’s Deli Chicken Jerky Dog Treats, made by Kasel Associated Industries, are being recalled due to possible salmonella contamination.
- The product was sold in a clear plastic bag with “Nature’s Deli” printed on it.
- It contained 2.5 pounds of chicken jerky marked with the UPC barcode 647263800208.
- The product was sold in Sam’s Club stores.
- For more information, visit the recall site.
Salmonella Risk to Pets and People
Both pets who have consumed the product and people who have handled it are at risk for salmonella infection. People are especially at risk if they did not thoroughly wash their hands after handling the product.
Symptoms of Salmonella in Pets
- Diarrhea, bloody diarrhea, decreased appetite, fever, lethargy, vomiting
- Complications include: arterial infections, arthritis, eye irritation, muscle pain, urinary tract infections, endocarditis (inflammation of part of the heart)
- Contact a pet healthcare provider immediately if your pet shows any of these symptoms.
- Remember, pets can pass on the infection to other pets and humans.
Purchasers of the product are urged to dispose of it. The product can be returned from where it was purchased for a full refund. Kasel Associated Industries is available for questions or comments about the recall at (800) 218- 4417 Monday through Friday.
Thomas J. Henry Personal Injury Attorneys
Thomas J. Henry is a personal injury law firm with offices in Corpus Christi, Texas, San Antonio, Texas and Houston, Texas representing accident victims nationwide. Our priority is to provide our clients with the best legal representation. Our experienced trial attorneys are committed to defending your rights in personal injury matters including defective products, recalled drugs, child injuries, and auto accidents.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, contact our offices immediately – we are available 24/7, nights and weekends.