Child Safety Recall Roundup
Toy cars, wooden table toys, and toy workshop and tool sets are being recalled due to various child safety hazards. Battat and Little Tikes have recalled their musical wooden table toys and toy workshop and tool sets due to choking hazards while LM Import & Export has recalled toy cars due to excessive levels of lead. Parents are advised to take these toys away from children and contact the company or place of purchase for a refund.
Toy Car Recall
- Product: 1,900 LM Import & Export toy cars sold in packages of four or six toy cars which are painted in silver, black ,or blue with red stickers with “super,” “max” and “racing” labeled on the top and sides of the cars.
- Reason for Recall: Surface paint on the toy cars contains excessive levels of lead, a violation of the federal lead paint standard.
- Sold at: Mega Wholesale stores throughout Miami, Florida from September 2010 through January 2011 for between about $2 and $3 per set.
Toy Workshop and Tool Sets Recall
- Product: Recall expansion: more than 1.7 million Little Tikes Workshop and Tool Sets (about 1.6 million toy workshop sets and trucks with the same toy nails were recalled in August 2009).
- Reason for Recall: The recalled workshop and tool sets have oversized, plastic toy nails that can pose a choking hazard to young children.
- Incidents/Injuries: CPSC is aware of two incidents of children choking when the toy nail became lodged in their throat. Both children were treated in a hospital.
- Sold at: Mass merchandise retailers nationwide from 1990 through 2004 for between $25 and $100.
Musical Wooden Table Toys Recall
- Product: 14,000 Battat Musical Wooden Table Toys containing a xylophone, cymbal, drum and two drumsticks. The table has a green painted surface with colorful instruments attached to the top.
- Reason for Recall: Small pegs on the xylophone toy can loosen and detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Incidents/Injuries: CPSC and Battat have received nine reports of loose and detached pegs.
- Sold at: Music and toy stores nationwide and on the Internet from September 2006 to October 2010 for about $30.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57