Children’s Bed Canopies Recalled: Strangulation Hazard
About the Bed Canopies Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the mesh canopies hang from the ceiling onto a child’s bed or crib, and an infant or young child could get entangled at the neck in the fabric of the canopy.
IKEA has recieved nine reports of children becoming tangled in the fabric canopies, including one in which the canopy had become wrapped around a 7-month-old girl's neck.
The CPSC suggests that consumers stop using the canopies immediately and also return them to IKEA stores for a full refund.
Description of Recalled Bed Canopies
- The children’s bed canopies are made of mesh fabric and are 7 ft. long and 2 ft. in diameter.
- The name of the canopy is printed on the washing instructions label, which is sewn onto the bottom of the fabric.
- The following canopies with these names and article numbers recalled:
- BARNSLIG Boll Article # 201.078.30
- FABLER Article # 201.308.78
- HIMMEL-Blue Article # 901.376.40
- HIMMEL-Blue/White Article # 201.758.38
- HIMMEL-Green Article # 701.376.41
- HIMMEL-Pink Article # 101.376.39
- KLÄMMIG Article # 928.165.95
- LEGENDARISK Article # 600.506.81
- MINNEN Bed Canopy Set Article # 900.877.58
- MINNEN Brodyr Article # 501.076.78
- TISSLA Article # 902.367.15
- The bed canopies were sold by IKEA stores nationwide and online at www.ikea-usa.com from August 1996 through March 2014 at prices between $10 and 30$.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57