City Pays $3M in Sidewalk Injury Case
The city of Atlanta recently settled a premises liability lawsuit with a blind man for $3 million. The resident suffered severe injuries when fell on a poorly maintained sidewalk.
Details of the Sidewalk Slip and Fall
- In 2005, the damaged sidewalk was inspected by the city.
- In 2007, the plaintiff and several other residents complained to the city about the broken sidewalk.
- In 2008 the plaintiff fell and was injured.
- In 2012, the premises liability case settled for $3 million.
- The sidewalk would have reportedly cost $2,000 to repair.
Contact an Experienced Premises Liability Attorney
Because of careless property owners, many people will suffer catastrophic injuries such as brain injuries or spinal cord injuries. The nature of many injuries which occur on dangerous property can be more than painful- they can be permanent.
Do not let your injuries overwhelm your life. If you have been seriously injured as a result of a condition or the use of real property, contact Thomas J. Henry. As your premises liability lawyers, we will secure proper medical care and fight to make sure you receive proper compensation. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.