Clip-On Desk Lamps Recalled- Shock Hazard
On May 23, 2012, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and L G Sourcing, Inc. issued a voluntary recall of LED clip-on desk lamps due to a potential shock hazard. The lamps were sold exclusively at Lowe’s stores nationwide.
About the Desk Lamp Recall
These lamps pose a serious risk because the power cord for the lamp can detach where it meets the clamp, exposing wires and posing an electric shock hazard to consumers. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), there have been five reports of cords detaching, including one reported electric shock. Also, there has been one report of a child receiving burns to the hand and leg.
Description of Desk Lamps
- These recalled lamps are pink and blue plastic LED desk lamps with a flexible metal neck approximately 12″ long and a clamp at the base, and the power cord has a silver label attached to it.
- On one side of the label “MET,” “Electrical Safety”, “E113152” and “Apr. 2011” are printed, and the other side of the label includes the model number F3044-AC-01 (pink lamps) or F3044-AC-02 (blue lamps).
- The plug on the power cord contains the code “KENIC KE 01P E155176.”
- These lamps were sold at Lowe’s stores in the United States from May 2011 to December 2011 for about $20.
- Consumers should stop using this recalled product immediately.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57