Clorox Recalls 5.4 Million Bottles of Liquid Plumr
Clorox Company has recalled 5.4 million bottles of Liquid Plumr after determining the products are not child-resistant, exposing children to serious injury.
About the Liquid Plumr Recall
The three types of recalled Liquid Plumr products contain sodium hydroxide that the Poison Prevention Packaging Act requires to be sealed with child-resistant packaging.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the recalled bottles of the Liquid Plumr clog remover are not child-resistant, and children are able to remove the top creating a risk of chemical burns and irritation to the skin and eyes.
The Liquid Plumr Clog Remover products were sold at Dollar General, Family Dollar, HEB, Home Depot, Kroger, Lowe’s, Meijer, Publix, Rite-Aid, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, and many other dollar, grocery, hardware, and mass merchandise stores across the nation and online at Amazon.com, Drugstore.com, and Quidsi.com from January 2012 to May 2016 for between $3 and $5.
Incidents and Serious Injuries Reported
- Clorox has received 8 reports of the child-resistant bottle caps not working correctly.
- Clorox also received 221 reports of the bottle leaking.
- There have been no injuries reported.
Description of the Recalled Liquid Plumr Products
Information below provided by the US CPSC:
- This recall involves:
- Liquid Plumr Pro-Strength Foaming Clog Fighter
- Liquid Plumr Industrial Strength Urgent Clear
- Liquid Plumr Pro-Strength Urgent Clear
- The recall bottles are sold in 17 ounce bottles that are around 9 inches tall, and the Liquid Plumr logo and the name of the product is printed on the front.
- Only bottles manufactured before March 22, 2016 are included in the recall.
- Consumers should keep the recalled item out of reach of children and immediately contact The Clorox Company’s Liquid Plumr call center for disposal and refund instructions.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57