Company Recalls 800,000 Baby Monitors- 2 Infant Deaths Reported
Quebec Based Company Angelcare Monitors Inc. has issued a voluntary for 800,000 Movement and Sound Baby Monitors sold in the U.S. and Canada following the deaths of two infants.
About the Baby Monitor Recall
- Along with the unit that transmits sound, the products also include a sensor pad that monitors baby movement.
- The sensor pad is connected to the nursery monitor by a 3.4 meter long electrical cord.
Two infants have died after being strangled by the cord.
- an 13-month old in San Diego, California in 2011
- an 8-month old in Salem, Oregon in 2004
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission also reported 2 non-fatal incidents.
Description of Recalled Baby Monitors
- The recall involves all models of Angelcares Movement and Sound Baby Monitors sold between 1999 and 2013.
Model numbers for the recalled units are:
- Model numbers are list on the back of the nursery monitor unit.
- The products were sold at Toys-R-Us, Babies-R-Us, Burlington Coat Factory, Wal-Mart, Sears, Target, Amazon.com, Meijer, Overstock.com and over 70 small baby specialty stores.
- Roughly 600,000 units were sold in the U.S. and 182,173 units were sold in Canada for between 100 and 200 USD.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57