Complications from Mirena IUD Causes an Outpour of Lawsuits
Mirena IUD is a method of birth control that was marketed by Bayer, who first introduced the drug in 2000. Now Bayer is coming under attack for not properly warning women about the risks involved with using the contraceptive.
Problems with Mirena
- The Mirena IUD device is designed to be implemented inside the uterus by a healthcare professional, and can remain there for up to 5 years.
- There have been reports of device migration, vaginal hemorrhage, and surgery required to remove the device; some women have even become infertile.
- According to Newsday, the FDA has received over 70,000 complaints from injuries and serious complications suffered from Mirena users.
- Bayer is now facing growing litigation from thousands of effected women pursuing both individual and class action lawsuits.
Potential Risks and Side Effects with Using Mirena
The following information is taken from Drug Information Online.This list of side effects and risks is not completely exhaustive:
- Pain in the pelvis, cramps, missed or irregular menstrual periods, diarrhea.
- Headaches, dizziness, fatigue, weight gain.
- Vaginal bleeding, ovarian cysts.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of defective medications or medical devices, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.