Corpus Christi Hospital Infections Prompt Nationwide Drug Recall
According to the KRIS-TV, a nationwide recall has been issued for unexpired sterile products distributed by Specialty Compounding after the FDA received 15 reports of Corpus Christi residents suffering bacterial infections.
Specialty Compounding acknowledges that any contamination in a product meant to be sterile could be fatal.
About the Specialty Compounding Recall
• The recall was voluntarily issued by Specialty Compounding out of Austin, Texas.
• The FDA reports 15 incidents of bacterial infection while the Corpus Christi Medical Center reports 17 incidents.
• The recall affects all unexpired sterile products distributed by Specialty Compounding since May 9, 2013.
Incidents of Bacterial Infections in Corpus Christi, Texas
• The cases of infection occurred at Doctor’s Regional and Bay Area Medical Center in Corpus Christi, Texas.
• All patients affected were being treated with Calcium Gluconate IVs when they received a bacterial infection from a possible tainted drug.
• Calcium Gluconate IVs are often used to treat patients with low levels of calcium in their blood and patients with heart problems.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of drug and product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division have extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. The Defective Drug and Products Division represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of medical devices and/ or defective pharmaceuticals.
If you or a loved one have been injured by or have developed serious side-effects from the use of defective medications or pharmaceuticals, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.