CPSC Reports on Recall for Infant Recliner – 5 Deaths
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has taken administrative action leading to Baby Matters recalling their Nap Nanny and Nap Nanny Chill infant recliner as part of a settlement agreement with the CPSC.
Reasons for Infant Recliner Recall
- Infant injury could result from the child hanging or falling over the side of the product.
- Could worsen if D-rings were not properly fastened.
- From 2009 to present, the CPSC received 92 incident reports of infants hanging or falling over the side of the product.
- 5 incidents resulted in death—4 with the Nap Nanny and 1 with the Nap Nanny Chill
Deatils of the Baby Matter Recall
- The product is a portable infant recliner.
- Product includes a foam base and three-point harness.
- About 165,000 sold between 2009 and 2012 for about $130.
- Sold though Amazon.com, Buy Buy Babies, Toys-R-Us/Babies-R-Us, Diapers.com, and BabyMatters.com.
- Baby Matters no longer in business.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury.
If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.