Dallas Babysitter Charged in Child’s Drowning
According to the Houston Chronicle, a Kariasa Thomas, 37, has been charged with reckless injury to a child after a girl she was babysitting drowned at an apartment complex.
About the Dallas Child’s Drowning
- Thomas was booked Saturday by the Dallas Police Department after a 3-year-old girl she was babysitting drowned while they were at an apartment complex swimming pool that had already been closed for the day.
- Thomas was also watching three of the girl’s siblings.
- According to the affidavit, Thomas used her phone to log onto Facebook while the child drowned. She was also playing with her dog.
- The victim’s body was found in the pool.
- Thomas has been charged with reckless injury to a child and received a $25,000 bond.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
At Thomas J. Henry, we have the experience and resources to handle your child’s case. If negligent care played a part in your child’s serious injury or death, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.