Day Care Closed Following Child’s Choking Injuries
The Patriot-News has reported that a Hamden Township, Pennsylvania day care center has been shut down by authorities following alleged strangulation injuries to a child and a number of other violations discovered upon follow-up investigations.
Child Suffers Choking Injuries at Pennsylvania Day Care
- A complaint has been filed against Children’s Ark Early Learning Center stating that a child suffered choking injuries while at the day care.
- The 2-year-old was taken to the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center where the child required overnight observation.
- Hospital staff told police that the nature of the child’s injuries suggested manual strangulation.
Pennsylvania Day Care Shutdown
“Due to the nature of the violations and the injuries of the child, we found that there was gross incompetence, negligence and misconduct in operating the facility. That’s why we had to take immediate action to protect the children in the facility.” – Cary Miller, Department of Public Welfare spokeswoman as reported by the Patriot-News.
- During investigations into the facility, authorities discovered a number of other violations beyond those related to the 2-year-old choking victim.
- According to the DPW, a worker acting as director of the center lacked the necessary training to hold the position.
- Another worker had failed to complete required fingerprint clearance, and was still employed at the daycare beyond the allotted grace period.
- Police and DPW investigators also found that the files of five active staff members were missing verification of child care experience. There were also indications that the same staff members had not received proper health assessments or tuberculosis tests.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
At Thomas J. Henry, we have the experience and resources to handle your child’s case. If negligent care played a part in your child’s serious injury or death, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, and we represent clients/victims all over the country.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57