Daycare Owner Accused of Endangering a Child
Lois Ann Mirbach, the owner of a Londonderry daycare, has been arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child after she was found drinking while caring for a toddler.
About the Incident
According to the Herald Courier, police were notified to check out the Adventures in Learning Child Care Center when the bus drivers responsible for the children weren’t able to contact her.
Officers found Mirbach drunk while taking care of a 3-year old. Her court date is set for April 19 and her license will not be renewed.
The incident has resulted in the business temporarily closing.
Choosing a Safe Daycare
Daycare abuse and neglect is unfortunately common with 53.8% of cases involving neglect. Parents should remain aware and inquire about the quality of care their children are receiving.
Some questions include:
- Who provided the license for the daycare?
- What is the ratio of children to staff?
- Is there supervision when the children are asleep?
- Do the playground equipment meet current safety standards?
- Does the daycare staff have up to date first aid and CPR training?