Del Monte Recalls Mango Products
Del Monte Fresh Produce N.A, Inc has initiated a voluntary recall of a limited quantity of certain fresh-cut fruit packs containing mangos distributed to retail outlets due to the potential risk that the mangos may contain Salmonella.
Fresh-Cut Mango Product Recall
- The product was distributed by retailers in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- The products being recalled are in clear plastic bowls.
Risks of Salmonella
According to the U.S Food and Drug Administration:
- Salmonella is an organism that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and those with weakened immune systems.
- Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
- In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of recalled foods or supplements, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We represent clients/victims all over the country. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends