Demolition Worker Dead after Kyle Field Fall
A demolition worker has died from injuries sustained in a construction accident at Kyle Field.
Fatal Fall at Kyle Field
- According to the Daily News, Angel Garcia, 25, was working at north end of the under-renovation football stadium when he fell four stories sustaining critical injuries around 11:30 a.m. on December 3, 2013.
- Garcia was rushed to St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Bryan, Texas for treatment, but was pronounced dead shortly after.
- The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Texas A&M University System, and university police are currently investigating the accident.
Construction Accident Statistics
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported a total of 4,383 work related deaths in 2012.
- While 2012 marked a 7 percent drop in the number of fatal work injuries for the U.S., Texas actually saw a 23 percent jump recording 258 deaths for the year.
- Fatal injuries among contractors account for roughly 12 percent of all work related deaths.
Contact an Experienced Workplace Accident Attorney
Thomas J. Henry fight to protect the rights of workplace injury victims. If you or someone you love has been injured or killed on the job, contact Thomas J. Henry. The goal of our offices is to not only protect your rights, but to send a message so the same tragedy does not happen again. We represent clients/victims all over the country.