Discovery Kids Lamps Recalled
A voluntary recall has been issued for Discovery Kids™ Animated Marine and Safari Lamps, which are sold at many retailers including Bed Bath & Beyond, JCPenney, Kohls, Toys “R” Us, as well as online. According to the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission, the wires inside the Lamps are too close to the circuit board and can short-circuit. In some incidents these can catch fire, posing a safety issue for the consumer.
Description of the Discovery Kids™ Animated Marine and Safari Lamps
- These Lamps are a rectangular and contain inside a rotating film with either a marine or safari background.
- The switch to turn the device on and off is located on the bottom right side and a Discovery Kids logo is on the top left side.
- The products have a batch number beginning with 584894 or 10128 and also contain one of the following model numbers: 1628626, 1642433, 1641522, 1641523, 1645729, or 1645853. Both can be found underneath the lamp as well as on the packaging.
- These products were manufactured in China and sold between June 2010 through March 2012 for between $10 and $20.
About the Recall
Approximately 300,000 units have been recalled due to the safety hazard this product poses to consumers.
- 11 reports have been made regarding short circuiting.
- Of the 11 reports, 3 have caught fire, causing property damage.
The CPSC advises consumers to stop using this product and contact Innovage for instructions for receiving a full refund.
Contact an Experienced Child Safety Recall Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in both product liability litigation and child injury. If your child has been the victim of a serious injury due to a recalled product, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.