Bark in the Park Corpus Christi- at Cole Park Amphitheater
The Thomas J. Henry Bark in the Park Pet Costume Contest and Expo is an annual community event and fundraiser held each October at Cole Park Amphitheater in Corpus Christi, Texas. The event benefits PeeWee’s Pet Adoption World & Sanctuary, Gulf Coast Humane Society, and P.A.L.S. Animal Shelter. Bark in the Park started in Corpus Christi, Texas in 2012 as a fun, festive event bringing together pet-owners, local pet businesses, pet rescue organizations, and no-kill pet shelters in an attempt to raise money and awareness for pet initiatives in the community.
Here’s the deal: Enter your pet into the contest to win cash prizes up to $1,000! No pet? No problem! There is plenty to do for the whole family with food trucks, vendors, music, a kid’s zone, and more! And remember – all proceeds benefit local animal shelters and rescue organizations.
BARK IN THE PARK CORPUS CHRISTI EVENT INFO
- Date: Saturday, October 28, 2017
- Time: 2pm – 7pm
- Location: Cole Park Amphitheater, 1526 Ocean Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78404
REGISTER YOUR PET FOR THE COSTUME CONTEST
- Bike: There are fixed bike racks available for use in Cole Park.
- Bus: There is no direct bus route to Cole Park Amphitheater; however both the No. 6 and the No. 19 bus routes run within a short walking distance.
- Parking: Limited free parking is available at Cole Park Amphitheater. Additional parking is available across Shoreline Blvd.
- 1st Place$ 1000
- 2nd Place$ 750
- 3rd Place$ 500
- 4th place$ 250
- 5th Place$ 150
- Semi-Finalists$ 100
2017 CORPUS CHRISTI PARTNERS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can I contact if I have questions?Email: email@example.com
- Where can I buy tickets? How much do tickets cost?This is a free event. The only cost associated is to enter a pet into the pet costume contest. Pre-event registration is available online for $7. Registration will also be available on-site for $10. Please visit bark.tjhlaw.com for event information and to register a pet in the costume contest.
- Is there a service charge? If so, will I have to pay the service charge if I buy the tickets on the day of event?There is no service charge for entry into the Pet Costume Contest and registration is available online or on-site at the event.
- Is there a way I can pay by phone?No. Pet Costume Contest and registration is available online or on-site at the event.
- If I register a pet for the costume contest, what do I need to bring to the event?If you pre-register a pet for the Pet Costume Contest, simply print out your registration confirmation and bring it with you to the event.
- If I register my pet the day of the event, will you take credit cards or is it cash only?For on-site registration for the Pet Costume Contest - cash only.
- Can you tell me what time each act/event will go on, approximately?All times are approximate. Preliminary rounds will take place from approximately 2pm-6pm. Semi-finals and Finals rounds will take place on the Main Amphitheater Stage from approximately 6pm-7pm.
- Is the event rain or shine?Yes.
- What time do the gates open?Gates open at 1pm. Event starts at 2pm.
- What time is the event over?7pm.
- What kind of food will you be selling?There will be a variety of food sold by food trucks.
- Will there be alcohol for sale?No.
- Do the vendors take cash, or will I have to buy food/drink tickets?This will vary from vendor to vendor. The safest approach is to bring cash as we cannot guarantee credit or debit cards will be accepted.
- What am I not allowed to bring?The only prohibited items are alcohol, weapons, and outside food/drink (exception: water).
- Will there be seating?There will be first come, first served seating around the stage areas. You are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, or other seating as well.
- Where can I park?Limited parking is available at Cole Park and will be first come, first served. Additional parking will be available along Ocean Drive and in surrounding neighborhoods.
- Can I bring my pets?YES!
- Am I allowed to come back in if I leave?Yes.
- Is there smoking allowed?Per city code, smoking is allowed in designated areas only. There is no smoking in any of the restrooms, dressing rooms, or facilities.
- Are there handicap/wheelchair seating or restrooms?Yes. There are also (at least) 2 handicap designated port-o-lets on site.
- Do you have bike racks outside?Yes, there are fixed bike racks near the theater entrance. Neither the City nor the licensee is responsible for lost or stolen items.
- I want to be a vendor, who do I call?Email firstname.lastname@example.org.