Bark in the Park is a pet costume contest and expo benefiting Corpus Christi animal shelters PeeWee's Pet Adoption and P.A.L.S. Animal Shelter.
Bark in the Park started in Corpus Christi, Texas in 2012 as a fun, festive event bringing together pet-owners, local pet businesses, pet rescue organizations, and no-kill pet shelters in an attempt to raise money and awareness for pet initiatives in the community.
The 8th Annual Thomas J. Henry Bark in the Park will feature family-friendly entertainment and activities including a kid’s zone, pet expo, adoption drive, and of course the main event- the Howl-o-Ween Pet Costume Contest for cash prizes! Bark in the Park is FREE to attend and is open to the public; however, a registration fee is required if you wish to participate in the Howl-o-Ween Pet Costume Contest.
- Date: October 26, 2019
- Time: 4pm - 9pm
- Venue: Water's Edge Park
- Address: 602 S Shoreline Blvd, Corpus Christi, TX 78401
- Pets must be registered to participate.
- Pets and owners must be on their appointed stage at the appointed time (as outlined in their registration cards).
- Judges decisions are final.
- Pets and their costumes will be judged on the following criteria: Creativity, Uniqueness, Humor, Behavior, and Charisma.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at ALL times or held.
- Pets must be registered and up to date on their vaccinations.
- The safety of all animals at the event is the responsibility of their owners.
- Pet owners will be responsible for any damage or harm caused to property, people, or other animals due to their own actions or the actions of their pets.
- Pet owners must clean up after their dogs. Bags will be provided.
- No aggressive pets or pets in heat.
- Costumes must be comfortable and safe for the pets.
- Owners must wear registration number and have it clearly visible to judges during the contest.
PRE- REGISTER YOUR PET FOR THE COSTUME CONTEST
2019 CORPUS CHRISTI PARTNERS
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EVENT?
If you have any questions about attending, participating in, or being a vendor for the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can I contact if I have questions?Email: email@example.com
- Where can I buy tickets? How much do tickets cost?This is a free event. The only cost associated is to enter a pet into the pet costume contest. Pre-event registration is available online for $7. Registration will also be available on-site for $10. Please visit bark.tjhlaw.com for event information and to register a pet in the costume contest.
- Is there a service charge? If so, will I have to pay the service charge if I buy the tickets on the day of event?There is no service charge for entry into the Pet Costume Contest and registration is available online or on-site at the event.
- Is there a way I can pay by phone?No. Pet Costume Contest and registration is available online or on-site at the event.
- If I register a pet for the costume contest, what do I need to bring to the event?If you pre-register a pet for the Pet Costume Contest, simply print out your registration confirmation and bring it with you to the event.
- If I register my pet the day of the event, will you take credit cards or is it cash only?For on-site registration for the Pet Costume Contest - cash only.
- Can you tell me what time each act/event will go on, approximately?All times are approximate. Preliminary rounds will take place from approximately 4pm-8pm. Semi-finals and Finals rounds will take place on the Main Stage from approximately 8pm-9pm.
- Is the event rain or shine?Yes.
- What time do the gates open?Gates open at 3pm. Event starts at 4pm.
- What time is the event over?9pm.
- What kind of food will you be selling?There will be a variety of food sold by food trucks.
- Will there be alcohol for sale?No.
- Do the vendors take cash, or will I have to buy food/drink tickets?This will vary from vendor to vendor. The safest approach is to bring cash as we cannot guarantee credit or debit cards will be accepted.
- What am I not allowed to bring?The only prohibited items are alcohol, weapons, and outside food/drink (exception: water).
- Will there be seating?There will be first come, first served seating around the stage areas. You are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, or other seating as well.
- Where can I park?Limited parking will be available at Water’s Edge Park and will be first come, first served. Additional parking will be available across S. Shoreline Blvd.
- Can I bring my pets?YES!
- Am I allowed to come back in if I leave?Yes.
- Is there smoking allowed?Per city code, smoking is allowed in designated areas only. There is no smoking in any of the restrooms, dressing rooms, or facilities.
- Are there handicap/wheelchair seating or restrooms?Yes. There are also (at least) 2 handicap designated port-o-lets on site.
- Do you have bike racks outside?Yes, there are fixed bike racks at Water’s Edge Park. Neither the City nor the licensee is responsible for lost or stolen items.
- I want to be a vendor, who do I call?Email firstname.lastname@example.org.