Wings Over South Texas
Thomas J. Henry is a Proud Title Sponsor of the 2017 Wings Over South Texas Air Show
Each year, Thomas J. Henry partners with the Naval Air Station to bring the Wings Over South Texas Air Show to Corpus Christi and Kingsville, Texas. The air show is designed to welcome people onto military installations and naval air installations to witness aerial demonstrations.
More than 90,000 guests attend Wings Over South Texas each year and that number continues to grow. Visitors to the Air Show are treated to fantastic performances by the military and civilians and children also participate in a special air show Pep Rally to help kick off each show. There are also performances by the U.S. Army’s Golden Knights, U. S. Air Force’s F-16 Falcon, U.S. Marine Corps’ MV-22 Osprey, the U.S. Coast Guard MH-65 Dolphin and HC-144 Ocean Sentry conducting a Search and Rescue demonstration, and the U.S. Navy’s P-8 Poseidon. And of course, the feature act is the U.S. Navy’s famous Blue Angels!
ABOUT THE U.S. NAVY BLUE ANGELS
The Blue Angels’ mission is to enhance Navy and Marine Corps recruiting efforts and to represent the naval service to the United States, its elected leadership, and foreign nations. The Blue Angels serve as positive role models and goodwill ambassadors for the U. S. Navy and Marine Corps.
A Blue Angels flight demonstration exhibits choreographed refinements of skills possessed by all naval aviators. It includes the graceful aerobatic maneuvers of the four-plane Diamond Formation, in concert with the fast-paced, high-performance maneuvers of its two Solo Pilots. Finally, the team illustrates the pinnacle of precision flying, performing maneuvers locked as a unit in the renowned, six-jet Delta Formation. Since its inception in 1946, the Blue Angels have performed for more than 427 million fans.
ALL AIRSHOW PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE M.W.R.
All proceeds from this event go to the Navy Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Fund which supplies free and discounted services and programs to military personnel and their families. MWR Services available to Navy service members and their families include:
- Navy Child and Youth (CYP): Navy CYP provides high-quality educational and recreational programs for children and youths ages 4 weeks to 18 years.
- Navy Fitness: The goal of the Navy Fitness Program is to create “Fitness for Life” for the entire Navy population, including active-duty Sailors, family members, military retirees and DoD civilians.
- Community Recreation: Navy Community Recreation engages patrons by providing recreational programs and services in the areas of outdoor recreation, community events, discount tickets to attractions and vacation bookings, leisure skills development, recreation equipment rentals, parks and picnic areas and information and referral to a variety of recreational offerings in the local area.
- Shore Libraries: Provides shore library support and paperback book support for forward-deployed personnel; an electronic library available through Navy Knowledge Online 24/7; new ship library outfitting; and coordinates the DoD Summer Reading Program at 250 military locations.
- Navy Entertainment: Provides quality, live entertainment for Sailors stationed overseas and on deployed ships at sea; assists CONUS locations with talent referral and production of shows; and partners with United Service Organizations (USO) and Armed Forces Entertainment (AFE) when possible, to bring the largest number of shows to the most locations.
THOMAS J. HENRY WINGS OVER SOUTH TEXAS AIRSHOW GIVEAWAY
Enter now to win a pair of VIP Passes to the 2017 Airshow (April 1-2)! Passes include entry, parking, food, drinks, and front row seating! Winners will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a ride on a B25 aircraft!