Explosive Bottles Recalled
Twist’n Sparkle, in cooperation with the CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission), announced a voluntary recall of Twist’n Sparkle’s Beverage Carbonation System.
About the Carbonation System Recall
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the Twist’n Sparkle Beverage Carbonation System poses danger to consumers because the bottles can explode under pressure, and expel plastic parts to anyone in the immediate vicinity. CPSC recommends that consumers stop using the Carbonation System, and either contact iSi or the place of purchase to return the product for a refund or store credit.
There have been 9 known incidents of exploding plastic bottles, including three in which consumers incurred injuries involving cuts to various parts of their upper body.
Description of the Carbonation System
- The actual recalled products are the plastic bottles that come with the Twist'n Sparkle Home Beverage Carbonation System.
- The bottles were manufactured in Austria and Hungary, and imported by iSi North America Inc, of Fairfield, N.J.
- The bottles were sold in the Starter Set model number 1005 with one reusable bottle and the Bottle Set model number 1006 with two reusable bottles.
- The model numbers are printed on the bottom of the box.
- The recalled plastic bottles are available in one size and two colors of caps/bottoms, white or gray.
Contact an Experienced Product Liability Attorney
Thomas J. Henry are leaders in the area of product liability litigation. Our Defective Drug and Products Division has extensive knowledge and resources in order to represent our clients efficiently and aggressively. We represent a multitude of people who are battling against manufacturers of defective drugs and/or products.
Your choice does matter. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries because of a recalled product, call Thomas J. Henry immediately. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.