Family Gets $908K For Child’s Brain Injury
The parents of a 3-year-old who was left permanently brain damaged as the result of an untreated seizure recently reached a $908,000 settlement with the preschool the child was attending at the time of the incident.
Details of the Negligent Supervision Case
- According to reports, the toddler suffered a seizure in her preschool class in July 2005.
- Her teacher noticed the symptoms, which included frothing at the mouth and stiff, outstretched limbs, but did not call an ambulance.
- The seizure lasted almost two hours before the child’s father arrived and asked the preschool to call for an ambulance.
- The child suffered brain damage as a result of the delay in treatment and now cannot talk, walk, feed herself, or perform other normal functions.
- The preschool settled the case with the parents for $908,000.
Contact an Experienced Child Injury Attorney
At Thomas J. Henry, we have the experience and resources to handle your child’s case. If negligent care played a part in your child’s serious injury or death, contact our offices. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.
RECENT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RESULT
$10.9 MillionExpenses: $175,000.00 | Attorneys Fees: $3,200,000.00 | Net to Client: $4,029,762.00 (Purchase of a Lifetime Annuity)
RECENT VEHICLE RECALL RESULT
$30.2 MillionExpenses: $39,576.15 | Attorneys Fees: $10,060,980.00 | Net to Client: $20,121,960.57